LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday 28 August 2014

Smash Pizza

Pizza!  Made with instant mash base!  Now I didn't think I was going to like this as anything with the words 'instant mash' just makes me shudder - but give this a go as I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

120g bag of Asda Instant Mash
250ml hot water
Garlic granules/powder
Dried mixed herbs
3 tablespoons passata
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tsp salt
black pepper
Frylight
Topping of your choice
25g grated cheese (5 syns or HeA - although it you are using your HeA allowance you are actually allowed 30g)



Add the instant mash to a large bowl and add in about a 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder and dried herbs.  Add water and mix till becomes dough mixture.  Kneed a few times to mix it all in.

Line a baking tray with baking paper and spray paper with frylight.  Add the dough mixture and begin to flatten it out with your fingers then with a rolling pin until it's about dinner plate size.  It won't stay round by the way and will be very uneven around the edges!

Cook in the oven for 15 minutes (at around 200 deg C), then turn over and cook the other side. (Turning over was a bit of a scutter but I placed another sheet of baking paper (sprayed with frylight) on top and then flipped it over and then peeled the paper off it rather than trying to peel the pizza base off the paper).

Whilst the other side is cooking, make your pizza sauce.

In a bowl mix the passata, tomato puree, salt, pepper, garlic powder and mixed herbs.

Once the other side of your pizza is cooked, add the sauce and toppings of your choice and cook for roughly 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.


It turned out quite tasty and I will def make this again!  I don't think I will add as much cheese next time as I'm not really a 'cheesy' person and to be honest it didn't really need it, the base itself has enough flavour in it. I made it for myself but the whole thing was far too big for me to eat on my own - half the size would have been more than enough!  Maybe my stomach is shrinking!! haha (I wish!!)

Syns?  I don't really know.  Some say if you are having it as your main meal then it's fine (obviously allowing for the cheese) but if not it's classed as a 'tweak' and the instant mash has to be synned.

No comments:

Post a Comment